The Office of Geographic and Demographic Analysis is no longer a division of the Dept. of Administration.
The work units which made up this division can be found on the left menu of this page. Resources found on the GDA website are being
migrated to other domains.
Project: EcoHarmony West Wind Project
EcoHarmony West Wind, LLC ("EcoHarmony"), is proposing to construct a 280 megawatt (MW) wind farm in Fillmore County, Minnesota, called the Eco Harmony West Wind Project. The project will be located in southeastern Minnesota, in the townships of Harmony, Bristol, York, Carimona, Forestville, and Preston, all in Fillmore County.
Facilities associated with the project include gravel access roads, a new substation, an operation and maintenance building, meterological towers, and an electrical collection system.
On January 26, 2009, EcoHarmony submitted a site permit application to the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (Commission) for a 200 MW project. On July 13, 2009, EcoHarmony requested from the Commission an increase in project size to 280 MW. The site permit application will be processed under the wind siting rules found in Minnesota Rules Chapter 7836. Relevant documents in this process are posted below. Additional documents can be obtained via the Commission’s “eDockets” system by searching for year 08 and number 973 at: https://www.edockets.state.mn.us/EFiling/search.jsp.
The project is a large energy facility and requires a certificate of need (CN) from the Commission. A separate docket has been opened for review of the project's CN application (CN-08-961). Files related to this proceeding that are relevant to the site permit are available below. Additional CN documents can be obtained via the Commission's "eDockets" system by searching for the year 08 and number 961 at https://www.edockets.state.mn.us/EFiling/search.jsp.
A separate docket has been opened for review of the route permit application for the 161 kilovolt (kV) transmission line that will connect the project to the transmission grid (TL-09-601), http://mn.gov/commerce/energyfacilities/Docket.html?Id=24696.
- Notice of Comment Period on Proposed Permit Amendment for theEcoHarmony West Wind Project in Fillmore County: Department of Commerce, Energy Facility Permitting staff is soliciting comments on the petition of EcoHarmony West for a permit amendment to extend the time in which the permittee can obtain a commitment for sale of the power and commence construction. Comments will be accepted through March 23, 2012. | Notice details
- EcoHarmony West Wind, LLC Petition for Amendment of Site Permit: Ecoharmony West Wind has submitted a petition for amendment of the site permit issued by the Commission on February 3, 2010 for the EcoHarmony West Wind Project in Fillmore County, February 3, 2012. (475.42K, .pdf) | Permit details
- EcoHarmony Wind Site Permit Order: PUC Order issuing Site Permit , February 3, 2010. (7.77 M, .pdf) | Order details
- OES Comments and Recommendations for Final Site Permit: Comments and recommendationsof the OES to the Commission recommending a site permit be issued for the EcoHarmony West Wind Project, January 25, 2010. (787.88K, .pdf) | CR details
- Notice of Environmental Report Availability for EcoHarmony West Wind Energy Farm: Notice of Availability of Environmental Report for the EcoHarmony West Wind, LLC, 280 MW Wind Energy Farm in Fillmore County | Notice details
- Environmental Report for the EcoHarmony West Wind Project: The environmental report for the certificate of need proceeding for the EcoHarmony West Wind Project. The report describes potential human and environmental impacts of the project and alternatives to the project. , October 14, 2009. () | ER details
- Environmental Report Scoping Decision: Scoping decision outlining topics that will be addressed in the environmental report, including potential impacts of the proposed project and alternatives, September 15, 2009. () | Scope details
- Public Comments on Draft Site Permit and Scope of Environmental Report: OES EFP staff held a public meeting for the EcoHarmony West Wind project on April 15, 2009. Comments were accepted through May 20, 2009. , September 11, 2009. () | Comment details
- Notice of Application Acceptance, Public Information and Scoping Meeting and Issuance of Draft Site Permit for the EcoHarmony West Wind Project in Fillmore County: The Office of Energy Security will hold a public information and environmental report scoping meeting April 15, 2009, at 7:00 p.m. at the Harmony Fire Department on the proposed 200 MW EcoHarmony West Wind Project. Public comments will be accepted through 4:30 p.m. on May 20, 2009 | Notice details
- Commission Order Accepting EcoHarmony Site Permit Application for a Large Wind Energy Conversion System in Fillmore County: On February 27, 2009 the Minnesota Pubic Utilities Commission accepted the Site Permit Application of EcoHarmony for a 200 Megawatt Large Wind Energy Conversion System in Fillmore County. The Commission also issued a Draft Site Permit for Public Review and Comment , March 12, 2009. (3.15 M, .pdf) | details
- Office of Energy Security Comments and Recommendations on Acceptance of the EcoHarmony West Wind Site Permit Application: Recommendations by Office of Energy Security (OES) staff to accept the site permit application as complete and to issue a draft site permit for public comment, February 18, 2009. () | CR details
- EcoHarmony West Wind Project Site Permit Application: Site permit application submitted to the Public Utilities Commission for a 200 MW large energy wind conversion system (LWECS) in Fillmore County, February 11, 2009. () | Application details